Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Making Merry

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things - Rodgers & Hammerstein

Tis the season! The holiday cards are printed and ready to send. I've been burnin' the midnight oil making gifties for our beloved wee folk. This year I decided to stock the play pantries with felt pasta. I don't know why, maybe I'm tapping into my Italian roots or maybe it's because I haven't had good...I mean REALLY good ravioli in at least 5 years. Sigh.

Some of the kidlets will be receiving these...
 














And some will be receiving Jumbo Ravioli bean bags to play with while the holiday feast is being prepared. They can toss them into pots or at each other if felty food fights are approved of by their respective big persons. Super easy...just cut 4"x 4" squares (of beige wool felt) with pinking shears; sew three sides, stuff with beans, and sew the opening.

Tutorials for these and all sorts of yummy felt food can be found here!














Some will be receiving these "I Spy" jars to while away the hours during lengthy road trips. I used upcycled spice bottles, peanut butter jars and roasted seed jars. I dyed the rice with a bit of food coloring. *Tutorial here!
















The tiniest tots in our tribe will be receiving a super soft wooly jingle bonbon.

*Some terrific instructions can be found here!
*I buy my wool here!





And others will be receiving my felted snowballs...






















The grands will be receiving our yearly calendar.

*Some scenes for holiday's past here and here.

In the weeks ahead, Satch and I (and a few recruits) will have to start making our gifts for our annual solstice celebration: Lanterns for the Lilliputians (tutorial here) and Peppermint Bark for the Brobdingnagians.

And I MUST get cracking on this art project. That said, I'm going to pry myself away from my journal for a spell. We leave for NY to feast with family and friends. I'll be back on Monday to announce the winners of the holiday giveaway!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:54 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Hi Wendy

Such beautiful gift giving. These are gifts from the heart. Your yearly calendar will make such a wonderful keepsake to always treasure.

7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home