Monday, December 22, 2008

Most Alive Monday: Happy Solstice

"If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire" - Shel Silverstein

















We had a lovely gathering. Our friends arrived in gentle waves making the transition of goodbyes easier on Satch as there were always more hellos approaching our shore. I didn't take any photos during the party because I borrowed the Smith family's new baby for a little Solstice snuggle by the fire. Oh, he is so elfin and irresistible!

Satchel's ice filled red wagon served as a cooler for our drinks on the deck outside and our tiny kitchen was magically transformed into a vegetarian chili bar with all the fixin's.

We handed out our gifties....

















and our treats.













During the departures (since it was so cold), we offered these edible ornament treats for the woodland creatures. And even as I peck out these words, I can hear twittering in the trees and although it's a language I do not understand, it is not unlike the chatter that swirled around our solstice meal. Clearly, the animals are enjoying their feast.

I should mention that while I was doing my pre-party cooking, I watched an impatient squirrel sniff out our solstice offerings. The critter opened the bin, grabbed an entire seed coated pine cone and ran off with it.

After the party, we watched the last of the embers burn out in the darkness and felt very grateful to have made so many wonderful friends in our new home town.

With heartfelt thanks to: the Dews family, the Smith family, the Bojji family (we will miss you while you're in India), the Mann family, the Goodhart family and Satchel's beloved Greta Ehrig.

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:39 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Ooh, I am inspired to try making the squirrel/bird feeder pinecone. Our homeschooling group has been meaning to try this one, and now, you've given me the extra nudge I've needed to get rolling!

1:12 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

wish i could have come! looks like you had a great time.

happy holidays woman.
xoxo

1:16 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful gathering.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! Hope you're having a happy holiday, Wendy!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home