Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Time to Mourn

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven - Pete Seeger



Today I am reflecting on those cold winters when my son was a toddler and we would play Pete's "Birds, Beasts, Bugs & Fishes" cd on continuous loop.  I'm thinking of how Pete's voice brings back memories of family gatherings when I was a wee girl and my great uncle would sing and strum.  How Pete's voice takes me there every time.  And how his voice fills me with peace and hope.  Today I'm grateful for the technology that keeps the voice alive, the machines that surround hate and forces it to surrender.

Neilson Barnard/Getty Images






Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:02 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home