Monday, November 22, 2010

Giving Thanks & Making Merry

I am grateful for the many gifts motherhood has given me. In particular, the one where I get to revisit the playful parts of myself nearly forgotten. In those moments I realize that within me resides every age I've ever been.

The handmade gifties are finished! Hand balms for the teachers & assorted big people...


Recipe here.
Tins here.
Labels here.



































Table top bowling sets aka skittles for the littles...


Wood here.
Beeswax here.
Fabric here.
Beads here.














Wish lists are ordered (I don't do stores this time of year). The holiday postcards are designed & printed...

Calendar gifts for the Grands finished! Click on the arrow to see all the images. (Grandparents, no peeking!)

Now we can kick back until our annual Winter Solstice Party. I'll be posting my annual gift picks & ginormous giveaway next Monday because right now we should all be focusing on Thanksgiving. We have an unbeasty-feasty to prepare...S has requested stuffed Acorn Squash and Spinach Tartlets. The Great Robinsky will be making pie (I'm not keen on baking, except for cookies and boule). S will be serving up some of his homemade apple sauce.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:30 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Renuka Bojji said...

Love the hand butta !!!! such lovely and thoughtful gifts....you should call it love butta ;o)

6:33 PM  
Anonymous pixie said...

Mmmm. You're so on top of it each year-I envy that. The balms look DELICIOUS. xo

6:43 PM  
Blogger denise said...

The hand butta looks great! I make bars and tins using basically that recipe every winter (beeswax, almond oil, mango butter, essential oil), but haven't heard of adding arrowroot or cornstarch. Interesting! I wonder how it makes it any different.

Great gifts!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Cheryn said...

totally so on top of things!
lovin' these ideas and inspired to get makin'.

did you pour right into the tins?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home