Wednesday, April 21, 2010

May Your Song Always Be Sung

May your heart always be joyful
May your song always be sung - Bob Dylan


S doesn't like to get his hands sticky. This is a manifestation of his SPD. He LOVES to make things so I tried to come up with a season related craft that would entice him to get sticky.

Last year at this time we made a woolly nest with yarn and felted eggs to celebrate the return of the Robins. This year I saw a brown paper bag nest and decided to give it a whirl. After the nest dried, we painted some paper maché eggs. We love it so much, that it is now the Spring/Summer centerpiece on our table.

S tolerated the stickiness, but immediately ran to the sink to wash his hands the moment we were finished.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:56 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelley said...

Yay, enticements to stickiness! I was a big fan of hand-mixing the paper maché gloop when I was in elementary school... I remember begging to be allowed to do it, and the other kids looking at me like I was nuts.

It does indeed take all kinds.

Thinking about you as Kinetic Sculpture approaches... any chance y'all will be there this year? I hope you'll holding up okay w/ the pollen count and all...

9:33 AM  
Blogger denise said...

Playing catch up (if I can ever do that justice).

My oldest has some SPD issues too, and sticky...oh yeah.That looks like a great project for that! We tried making super balls & slime this week...oy. ;)

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home