Thursday, March 26, 2009

Birdy Bird Bird, Fly Fly Fly


"Grassy grass grass, tree tree tree
Leafy leaf leaf, one-y two three
Birdy bird bird, fly fly fly
Nesty nest nest, high high high" - Woody Guthrie

We decided to try this nest project that I found on Crafty Crow because I just love all things nesty. Satch sported the original "got art?" apron that I designed (I've since created a new "got art?" apron). Satch got a wee bit freaked out about the glue on his hands and ditched his nest half way through to go wash his hands. So, I'm going to revisit this project and try dipping the yarn in liquid starch instead. *Reporting back: Dipping the yarn in liquid starch works great! Less sticky on wee hands, cleans up easier, dries faster too.


































We're heading to the National Kite Festival this weekend to do a little flying of our own. Have a good weekend. See you Monday.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:08 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

How cute! I've got to try one.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

I love the nest. Did you make the egg too or is a real one that is dyed?

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is that art smock from?
I am really going to try out this bird nest idea.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

The art smock is my design. I've since created a new design, but if you would like the original, you can find it here.
http://www.cafepress.com/wendycook2.370903904

9:02 AM  
Blogger mrs boo radley said...

Oh. My goodness. Love the smock and nest. And egg! My FAVORITE color.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home