Monday, July 13, 2009

Most Alive Monday: Happy Accidents

When you get home tonight, see what you can find
Open up the cabinets, open up your mind
Pull out the pots and pans, pull out the tin cans
Pull out your big blue garbage can, you can start your own band! - Billy Jonas

I'm still floating from the amazing weekend! For starters, we went to the Billy Jonas concert with a group of friends. I've written about Billy before here and here (and have quoted him numerous times on this blog). Billy creates music that families can enjoy together... music with intelligent lyrics and beats that make you want to bang and sang! He takes a moment to explain how he made his instruments then invites the children to the stage to play in the band for one song. At every concert Billy pulls a name from his drum and the winner picks whatever he/she wants from the merch table. (drum roll) Satchel won! And chose a copy of Billy's new album, "Happy Accidents". Yes, we are the luckiest peeps on earth.

After the show we all walked over to Noodles & Co., pushed a bunch of tables together and ate lunch. What can get better than some righteous grooves and a big ole bowl of noodles?

Satch was so inspired by the show that later that eve, he constructed his own musical making shoes like billy's. Sorry about the poor quality of the vid, but the brightness controls are missing from my new version of QT pro and ofcourse there is no support that I can find.



But the incing on the cake of my weekend was when I received a phone call from my friend Fawn back in NYC (whom I haven't seen in approx. 3 yrs) and she said, "I'm an hour away...would you like some company?" And it was so darn good to see her again. Did I happen to mention that I love surprise visits?!?!

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:24 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I loooove kitty's stage exit.

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home