Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gon Out Backson Bisy Backson


"all of the animals in the forest except, of course, the Spotted and Herbaceous Backson, now know what Christopher Robin does in the mornings" - A. A. Milne


It was a whirlwind trip to NY and not without it's bumps in the road. Although Satch was cleared to go by our family doc, he's been refusing to urinate ever since that horrific ordeal in the ER. Thus, there's been a lot of pain and a lot of drama. There are conflicting messages about the source of his mysterious illness which had left him void of what little baby fat he once had. Our family doc believed it to be Strep, though his original culture in the ER reported out negative. The only thing that is certain is that he does not have appendicitis as the original doctors had thought.

So we packed a few things and headed to NY to stay with Nomah on Friday night. On Saturday morning, Sir Satch's fantasy of going to a castle was fulfilled, and then he went to see the dinosaur bones while I went to my friend Holly's baby shower. Later we reunited at my favorite restaurant, Tsampa, for an early dinner. I was amazed by all the construction that had taken place in the short time I've been away. There's a brand new building near the corner of Starbucks and Starbucks! We went to Ben & Jerry's for dessert with my friend Steph. Satch got a kick out of his slapstick antics.

We drove up to Columbus Circle to pick up my cousin, Phil, at Newseek and gave him a lift to his home in Sound Beach where he performed surgery on my Mac until 2:30 in the morning. My machine is so pimped out that I can hardly believe my eyes and it's fully loaded with all new apps. (sigh) My fellow Mac users will understand why I'm so blissed out and why I worship my genius cousin. One of the most exciting things about my new OS is that I can finally use Blurb and create physical journals from my blog for Satch.

That said, I plan to take a bit of diary break to work on a few other creative projects. I will be back for a Mom to Mom interview and to introduce you to Alfie, Patty & Judy.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 7:04 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, you must miss the baby fat! Glad he seems to be doing well (awesome picture) and you got your Mac loaded. Dying to hear about how Mermaid classes are going...Sorry we missed you last weekend, I did not get your message early enough on Saturday. What are you guys doing this coming Sunday afternoon? A.

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Stacy (mama-om) said...

I am just catching up and am so sorry to hear about Satch's time at the hospital. It sounds like it was a really hard time for everyone.

I am glad to see he is feeling better.

Blessings,
Stacy

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home