Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sir Satch : Cardboard Knight


Satch has been asking me to make him a Knight's costume and I was up for the challenge...
I used these instructions for the helmet using cardboard boxes. I modified the helmet in size and cut a larger opening in the cardboard for the face because I knew that Satch would like more face room. I cut a face grill from another piece of cardboard and attached it with two paper fasteners. I covered it in non-toxic silver paint left over from his Recyclobot costume. When it was dry, I added details with paint markers.

The shield was a no-brainer...though instead of a cross or a lion, I painted a dragon on it with a stencil I found here.

He is now asking to see a castle and meet a princess, so his friend R agreed to be his princess and we are in the process of looking for a castle to visit that is within driving distance. Of course I'll take photos.






*Has anyone else noticed the perfect view of Jupiter and Venus? I spotted them on the way home from NY Saturday night and pointed them out to Robert and Satch. Last night they were right there hanging out next to the crescent moon.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:34 AM

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Yay! Recycloprojects!

Love your helmet.

And yes, I saw the amazing celestial show last night. It was stunning. Just beautiful

11:26 AM  
Blogger LearningAllTheTime said...

Love the helmet and shield! Very impressive. And we did notice two bright planets making an upside down frown face with the moon...

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir Satch is so cute!! I love how cool and simple that project is all at once.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that turned out amazingly! You're so creative.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home