Most Alive Monday
Last week, before we left, we built a fort in the living room and read, "Wolf" by Sara Fanelli and Dr. Seuss' "ABC book".
The "vegetarian feast for my peeps" on Saturday was a smash hit! Here are some highlights:
- A beautiful sunny day surrounded by shiny happy people whom I love and good eats.
- Two of my friends brought very symbolic treats...Holly & Charlie brought cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (the best cupcake EH-VA!) and Diane brought Tate's chocolate chip cookies from the Hamptons (my most favorite cookie in the world).
- My oldest friend, Nancy & her tribe brought Satch a stack of wonderful books, including "Owl Moon" that was on his wish list.
- Baby Sanai graced us with her radiant presence. I held her and basked in her light while her parents ate their food.
- My friend Renee and family came with a giant platter of yummy fruit and her delightful children happily experimented with a new toy that I'm reviewing. More on this later!
- My munchkin friend Jenny, who is no longer a munchkin but a teenager, stopped by wearing a necklace that she made herself! (She was joined by her mom & mom's fiancé...and brownies!)
- Josette and Nor popped in with little Mila and brought Satch some awesome Ella Jenkins recordings!
- My mom made her famous cookies and flitted about on the outskirts despite my pleas to join us...so I made a joke of it and told everyone that I locked my mother in the house.
- I only scorched 4 veggie burgers on my mom's gorgeous grill. My Asian slaw, roasted new potatoes and salsa were BIG hits!
(sigh) beauty all around...
*I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive choice" in the comments section.
You may also post photos of your "most alive moments" in my most alive flickr pool! (If you post a photo in pool, be sure to include your link in the comment)