Monday, September 10, 2007

Most Alive Monday

Fortitude and Fiffer Feffer Feffs....
Last week, before we left, we built a fort in the living room and read, "Wolf" by Sara Fanelli and Dr. Seuss' "ABC book".


The "vegetarian feast for my peeps" on Saturday was a smash hit! Here are some highlights:
  • A beautiful sunny day surrounded by shiny happy people whom I love and good eats.
  • Two of my friends brought very symbolic treats...Holly & Charlie brought cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery (the best cupcake EH-VA!) and Diane brought Tate's chocolate chip cookies from the Hamptons (my most favorite cookie in the world).
  • My oldest friend, Nancy & her tribe brought Satch a stack of wonderful books, including "Owl Moon" that was on his wish list.
  • Baby Sanai graced us with her radiant presence. I held her and basked in her light while her parents ate their food.
  • My friend Renee and family came with a giant platter of yummy fruit and her delightful children happily experimented with a new toy that I'm reviewing. More on this later!
  • My munchkin friend Jenny, who is no longer a munchkin but a teenager, stopped by wearing a necklace that she made herself! (She was joined by her mom & mom's fiancĂ©...and brownies!)
  • Josette and Nor popped in with little Mila and brought Satch some awesome Ella Jenkins recordings!
  • My mom made her famous cookies and flitted about on the outskirts despite my pleas to join us...so I made a joke of it and told everyone that I locked my mother in the house.
  • I only scorched 4 veggie burgers on my mom's gorgeous grill. My Asian slaw, roasted new potatoes and salsa were BIG hits!
Sunday, we visited my aunt and her daughters whom I love so very much. Cackie presented me with a box of goodies she uncovered from grandparents basement. I'm still a bit overwhelmed by this gesture which included my grandmother's Kitchen Aid mixer; vintage buttons, my grandfather's old railroad lantern (he was a conductor on the Long Island Railroad); some amazing artifacts that once belonged to my late father; and two vintage polaroid cameras that produce this and this! There was also a bag of gifts for Satch from Cackie J (since childhood I've called the two Carol's in my life "Cackie") and Rebecca...this excellent book and this excellent book, this sweet little mouse finger puppet and this cool contraption! I was so blown away by it all that I left Satchel's beloved digger behind, so my aunt drove to the restaurant where we were having lunch to drop it off so Satch wouldn't freak out.

(sigh) beauty all around...

*I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive choice" in the comments section.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:08 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each time I read this yummy book with Miles I think it says, Fiffer pFeiffer Feff-at least that is what my brain wants to say.
Friend, you are just too juicy. Your sense and experience of family is so very moving. Satch is so lucky that you are who you are. I can't wait to see all of your goodies and lay in a fort and read Wolf with you and our boys.

xoxoxo p

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home