Thursday, September 20, 2007

In and Out of Weeks and Through a Day


My wee boy was a bit under the weather yesterday post story time Tuesday at the Barnes & Noble germ pit....oops I mean train table. What do you do with a cute, albeit cranky, boy when you run out of ideas? Turn to page 7 in "Unplugged Play"....idea #4, "The Tunnel Tube".
















We made our own variation using a mail tube, two feather pillows, a foot stool and every ball we could find in the house, including those that belong to our cats. We rolled the balls through the tube and caught them in a basket. Satch came up a few ideas of his own like....















listening to secrets through the mail tube...












and looking for mama's camera through the mail tube.

This morning Satchel and I on our way to "Music Tots", a mommy & me sort of jamboree..."Let the wild rumpus start"!

See you back here on Monday. Have a good weekend everyone. (In case you haven't figured it out already, I've decided to make every weekend a three day weekend. That's one of my most alive choices. Speaking of which, how come nobody's forking over their photos?)

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:10 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, now i know i have to have that book


the tube idea is going to be a huge hit with my son, i just know it!!!!

thanks and good weekend to you,

Vickie

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable pictures! Looks like fun :)

We spent some time at the B&N germ pit yesterday, too. Sorry to hear your little one took a few germs home with him.

I just found your blog by the way and I really enjoy reading it.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

LOVE love love this idea ... and thanks for the great mention of this book. It's perfect.

I was just having an internal conversation with myself today about just tossing all of the battery-operated toys in our playroom. Most were given to us, or bought second-hand. All take up too much space.

I'm getting this book! Thanks.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home