Thursday, July 06, 2006

Animal Husbandry

Caught up on some reading during Satchel's nap and I stumbled upon this article and roared with laughter.

What Shamu Taught me about a Happy Marriage by Amy Sutherland

It got me thinking about my own husband (whom I love madly), the things about him that irk me, and if the Shamu technique might work on him. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I like a good experiment almost as much as a spontaneous interpretive dance.

I wonder if it will modify:

  • slurping (soup, chocolate milk, coffee, etc.)
  • wearing clothes until they disintegrate
  • chocolate milk stains slurped every night...with a spoon.
  • soap on the ceiling (he showers like a wet dog)
  • hair clippings in the bathroom sink
  • losing things like....
  1. Satchel's winter coat
  2. Satchel's toy/binky chain
  3. Satchel's cloth book (Satch loved the bunny in his underpants)
  4. Satchel's teething beads
*Please note that my husband is a wonderful man. He does the grocery shopping and brings me things like funky sponges and grapefruit scented dish washing liquid. I wasn't sure I should post this because I didn't want to embarrass him or make him angry.

My husband claims to be a feminist and states that it is not my job to clean up after him so here are a few things I don't understand:
  • Why does he not wash the splattered oil off the stove from the fried eggs he made four days ago for lunch because he didn't want the egg salad that I made?
  • Why does he waste energy running the dish washer for 5-6 items rather than hand wash his favorite coffee mug for the next morning?
  • Why does he leave the hedge clippings where they fall on the front porch for me to pick up?
I think I now know why he never invited me to his apartment while we were dating.....

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:03 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

FANTASTIC ARTICLE WEN! sO... MAYBE WE CAN TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS!! WILL DEFINITLY BE TRYING THE METHODOLOGY OUT!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OHHH !! This is good! :)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Very funny! I'm glad you got the link to work.

Mysteries surrounding the husband is a WHOLE other post ... : )

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home