Saturday, August 31, 2024

Ode to August: Forward

Wherein we had a gorgeous rainbow; a tornado touch down in B'ville and subsequent tornado warning that sent us to the basement; tranquil moments at the lake; finished a 6 wk course (while working both a f/t and p/t job); reflected on my endurance over the last 5 years. Evenings on the deck are what's grounding me these days. Grateful to see a few meteors this month.  An unexpected shift in the workplace that has elevated the overall vibe. A beautiful postcard arrived from a dear friend! A new classical album, "Solos" by composer, Bryce Dessner, dropped, and I treated myself on iTunes. Despite this month being the anniversary of our family tragedy, there were moments of laughter. One of the best laughs was being called a "Flaming Liberal" by a pastor, at which I thanked him for the complement (I want that on a shirt). Feeling more hopeful about November, and the future in general. Forward!




and that's when I went inside

Evenings with Amelia Hummingbird

Portal

Petra
Birdmoss



The funniest excuse!






Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 8:44 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home