Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Ode to February

Wherein we said goodbye to our dear Morty.  Had to get radon remediation done after testing high in the living area.  Watched a breathtaking sunset.  An ethereal low fog appeared above the farm during my morning commute.  Had a bizarre warm snap of nearly 80º and some trees flowered.  Had the joy of passing down one of my favorite cool and comfy chairs to an original Mighty Girl because I don't like to keep things that I don't use regularly.  There was an incident in our neighborhood where several teens broke into the neighborhood, then broke into 3 homes where they threw an overnight party and did much damage, several arrests were made.  And another "life in rural VA" moment:  my friend J rushed to assist a man who seized in a local Walmart and as he was being transported another man threw a tub of icing at her head because she was blocking the aisle. 

A sense of hope finally emerges, as I have found the practice I want to pant roots in, and talks are under way to grow into a new role there.  I will be starting my CEs next month to foster that path. 

We had 77º weather followed by snow flurries.  We made rice bowls.

And in keeping it real: the pandemic is NOT over, with addition of an alarming bird flu crossing over to mammals thereby killing sea lions et al.  Massive earthquake in Turkey and Syria.  A train derailment spilling toxic chemicals.  And this month marks one year since Russia began bombing it Ukraine.  Just saying.







 

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 7:47 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home