Saturday, December 31, 2022

Ode to December


Wherein there were sunrise commutes, an ice storm and subzero temps.  My son gave me a wonderful book.  Friends and fam sent us beautiful gifts.  Charlee the kitten was enthralled with the birds at the feeder.  We went to Luray Caverns.

Raising a teen as a widow has been emotionally challenging.  I keep the photo frame that I gave to my late husband next to my desk so I can see it every morning when I rise, and at night before bed.  The photos change and it's filled with our best memories of  our son's childhood.  I began the collection so that my husband would see all the moments he missed whilst at work.  Now it serves as a touchstone for me.  All the magic, adventure and sweetness is a reminder of who this brooding teen truly is at heart. 

Another Solstice came and went with out a party because of the pandemic.  May 2023 brings back safe gatherings and the relaunch of MGA. 

As of Dec 21st more than 1 million people died of covid.  And more than 7 million world wide.  Yet very few are wearing masks so the virus continues to mutate and spread. 

And Russia continues to attack Ukraine.  And Zelensky gave an extraordinary speech.






Gummy Snakes because he loves sweet and sour, and snakes!

Tomato Risotto w Burrata per usual


 





 







Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:06 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home