Thursday, August 01, 2019

Seekers of Sweetness

“My work is loving the world.
Here the sunflowers, there the hummingbird -
equal seeker of sweetness.”
- Mary Oliver 

Bessie Coleman Hummingbird

Yesterday I drove to Meadows Farms for some rooting powder with hopes of salvaging a piece of my hydrangea that broke off in the move. There I saw some cosmos looking rather forlorn. I asked the fellow for a price and he told me that I could have the whole wagon for free because they needed some TLC and he was going to throw them away. I said that I would give them some “wendy loving care”. He chuckled then gave me some gardening wisdom.

I stopped at Lowe’s to get some stone to build a pedestal for my little birdbath fountain and nestled it amongst the cosmos and native plants. I hope they approve.

In other news, I have a name for the cerulean warbler who has been serenading me daily. It’s Caelum...it means heaven.


Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home