Tuesday, December 25, 2018

The Sleigh Has Landed


"It is in the imagination with which you perceive this world, 
and the gestures with which you honor it." - Mary Oliver.

Our annual Solstice party was delightful and in a blink it was Xmas. I made all mater of tasty eats during our winter break.  We had Marcella Hazan's cabbage soup on xmas eve, Chocolate bread, hot out of the oven Xmas morn and our usual Tomato Risotto for xmas Eve.  The jolly ole elf waited til near midnight to be sure the mancub was asleep before placing gifts beneath the tree. My son bounded into my room at 3:23 am squealing, “MOM wait til you see what Santa left in my stocking!” I mumbled that I was happy but go back to bed until daylight. He went back to bed then was up at 5 am. I finally crawled out of bed near 7, made myself a giant latte sprinkled with juniper sugar and watched him merrily unwrap his gifts.



 

Decking the halls...

Glass hinged ornaments to contain the tiny fallen nests I found. 



S is making me a spider ornament for xmas!
He said it was the best xmas ever.

Latte with juniper sugar sprinkle.




The best red lentil curry.



Galaxy smoothy bowl.

Tea from Myri


Grape Salsa!




To you and yours.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 10:52 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home