Wednesday, August 20, 2014

From Far Inside


"and the prayer you said, and the tears you shed
and the memory you held and the realization
that in this silence you no longer had to keep
your eyes and ears averted from the place
that could save you, that you had been given
the strength to let go of the thirsty dust laden
pilgrim-self that brought you here, walking
with her bent back, her bowed head
and her careful explanations…"

Excerpt from “THE WELL”
From Pilgrim: Poems by David Whyte



Sometimes when I dive into the well of his words it feels as though I am reading a letter written to me from a far away friend who has known me my whole life, who knows me better than anyone.
























( image collaboration with e.imel )

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 8:12 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home