Monday, July 21, 2014

Simple Joys


Delicious fried green tomatoes, ecstatic lindy hop, psychedelic ocular migraine, this milky light, a surprise visit from faraway family.


She dreams of a warm lake, and moonlight, and skinny-dipping, and a bonfire. She remembers that night she drove to the lake with a handful of friends where they flung their clothing on the shore and plunged into the water like their lives depended on it. And when the laughter subsided, how the crickets sang louder and the silver streak of the moon reached across the surface of the lake until it touched each one of them. And then there was a reverence, like a baptism... and they began to sing...

"Sounds of laughter, shades of life are ringing through my open ears
Inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns
It calls me on and on, across the universe
Jai Guru Deva OM
Nothing's gonna change my world
Nothing's gonna change my world"

She wants this again, another baptism of moonlight and lake and skin and laughter and singing, and swimming and fire.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 2:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home