Thursday, May 29, 2014

Birthday Letters: Nine
























Dear Satchel,

I can hardly believe how much you've grown this year.  You are just 12 inches away from looking me in the eye.

You have grown in many other ways too.  You have become adept at math and your illustrations are filled with extraordinary details.  You are a kind and loyal friend to your pack of pals.  Your sense of humor remains steadfast as your repertoire of jokes expand. 

You are still Mother Nature's Son, and say that you feel most peaceful sitting in a tree top.  You love catching and releasing fish as well as the many other creatures you so skillfully find. 

While you still enjoy skateboarding, you've taken a new interest in magic and  Kung Fu and I am amazed by your effort in practicing your moves.  I can watch your self confidence growing with your widening smile.

You are such a big boy now that I have to look a little more closely to find hints of the baby I gave birth to 9 years ago.  The boy who changed my life forever in the most profound ways imaginable.  The boy who came through me to teach me why I am here.  The boy who reminds me who I really am so that I can never forget. 

I celebrate this day -  the day that filled my life with joy.
I celebrate you -  for you are the greatest gift in my life.

Happy 9th ride around the sun, Satchel.
Thank you for being my son.

All my love,
Mama

(Posted at the time of your birth)





Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 12:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home