Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Persisting Stars

the mischief from her eyes and fold
her
mouth the new
flower with
thy unimaginable
wings,where dwells the breath
of all persisting stars 

- e.e. cummings

I sit in workshop stitching Gemini and Libra onto a tote bag.  "It may just be my favorite yet", I say to myself as I reach for the sequins.






















So easy that I dare not insult you with a tutorial, but here are the crib notes:
  • Print your constellation
  • punch out the stars with hole punch 
  • transfer with with chalk
  • french knots for small stars using white embroidery floss
  • sequins for brighter stars
  • use a ruler and chalk to draw lines
  • back stitch using blue embroidery floss

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home