Monday, July 08, 2013

One Hushed Moment: Mantids Emerge

I have only this breath
and this presence
for my wings
and they carry me
in my body
whatever I do
from one hushed moment
to another. - David Whyte



Today was the long awaited first day of his beloved nature camp.  





"It was a busy morning", he said recounting the activities in vivid detail, his best buddy interjecting in agreement from the back seat of our tiny car.   

"Sounds like a wonderful morning", I said, "and here's another wonderful thing...the mantids hatched...you can release them when we get home!"
 


Every summer we buy an ootheca and wait with much excitement for the hundreds to emerge.  It never gets old.  It's a tradition that we look forward to year after year.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 1:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home