Sunday, July 07, 2013

Lavender Farm

At night, the scent of phlox curls
in the open window, while the sky turns red violet,
lavender, thistle, a box of spilled crayons.
The moon spills its milk on the black tabletop
for the thousandth time.   - Barbara Crooker


We drove out to the country to visit a lavender farm.  It was more like a lavender patch, but we enjoyed the scenic drive nonetheless.  We picked some flowers and ate lemon lavender cupcakes then headed back.  When we returned home, I hung our stems up to dry when our cat Mortimer started whining longingly.  Mort often accompanies me out to the deck garden where he buries his head in my lavender plant and nibbles the leaves.  We love lavender.  It's especially useful for stings and bug bites.  I carry a tiny bottle of lavender oil with me wherever I go.  True.






Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 3:33 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home