Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bettering the Sky

"You must ask for what you really want. 
Don't go back to sleep." - Rumi




It was a steamy Saturday of hijinks and rainbow afros that cooled slightly as the sun dipped.  It was Boys Night - I nearly forgot - the night when this co-sleeping mama gets one to herself.  I quietly slid my feet into my flip flops and slipped out the door.

She handed me bits of chocolate and showed me the fabric that she bought in Hawaii. She's planning on making curtains for the VW van that her husband bought at an auction. They're taking a trip cross country, like they did in the 60's when they protested in Berkley and got tear gassed.

"OH...look, I ordered the peace sign flower magnets", she said and we laughed.

"I want to photograph you bef
ore you leave", I said.

"Have you seen the firefly walk", she asked.

I pointed to the trail.

"No no that's not it...I have to show you"
.

She grabbed her car keys and off we went. We made our way quietly into the darkness barely able to see where we were going.

"I guess we should have brought flash lights"
, she said.

The path twisted to the left.

"THERE", she said, "they are attracted to this place...you'll have to bring Satch tomorrow night".

My jaw dropped.  I've never seen anything like it. 

"Who needs sleep"
, she said.




Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 7:46 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home