Friday, December 02, 2011

This Breath: DIY Feather Ornaments

"I have only this breath
and this presence for my wings
and they carry me" - David Whyte


I saw these lovely feather ornaments by Roost pop up in various stores and they made me do a little happy dance. They run approx. $12 each so I decided to try to make them myself with some of the feathers that I found on sidewalks, trails, and lawns over the years.





Fillable ornaments can be purchased in glass or acrylic at your local craft store for $1 - $3. They come in several sizes, but the shapes are limited. Just pop the cap off and slide a feather inside. I used annealed iron to make the hooks and a bit of hand dyed ribbon. They look like they're floating in bubbles and we love them.

This one cradles a downy breast feather from a hawk.
























 This one holds the feather of a goldfinch and a white winged dove.
























I have another DIY to show you tomorrow Monday...

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:45 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

These are wonderful!!! What a great way to preserve feathers and beautiful decorations all year round!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home