Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Clarity of Light: Memory Ornaments

"May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours." - John O'Donohue




I've been trying to think of ways we could honor our ancestors, elders (and especially departed family members) during the holiday season. I wanted to make something meaningful for my son that he could pass on to his own children one day. We sat down and looked at old photos and I shared as many memories as I could think of about. That gave me an idea! I decided to print the old photos onto shrink film and make Memory Ornaments!



















  1. Scan your photos
  2. Print onto ink jet shrink film aka Shrinky Dinks.
  3. Leave some white around it when you cut them out. Try deckle scissors.
  4. Punch a hole in the top for hanging.
  5. Write a sentiment, memory or the names of the people you are honoring on the back with Sharpie marker.
  6. Bake in oven according to package.
  7. Let cool.
  8. Add a hook, string or ribbon and hang.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 4:30 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Coupons said...

I'm definitely giving this a try, if I can just find the inkjet shrinky stuff.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home