Monday, November 14, 2011

Thinkering

Think left and think right and think low and think high.
Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try! ~Dr. Seuss

LEGO family day at the Smithsonian is Nirvana for Satch...













































It was surprisingly quiet in the Luce with all the thinkering and tinkering, imagining and inventing.



































During our stroll through the museum, Satch was drawn to Nam June Paik's piece. "LOOK at THAT" he exclaimed.

















Later, I told him how I met Nam June and what a character he was. How he invited me to his reception at the Guggenheim. How I practiced saying congratulations in his native language. It sounds like "choook hah hop nee dah", I said, "and I remember how he hugged me for that. I remember his laugh".

For a moment, I felt as though Nam June was standing right behind us and as my son looked at me with wide eyed rapt, I imagined I heard a distinct laugh.

Before we left, Satch spotted a guest book on a stand near the wall and decided to draw a picture in it instead of writing his name.

Feeling inspired by the magnificent art, the following day Satch went to work on a painting in my studio. "Mama", he said, "scan this and give a copy to the art museum, but keep the original, okay?"


Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:33 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger nina beana said...

i love a boy who draws fish farts. xx

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home