Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Music of My Heart

"If I was the song that entered your heart
then I was the music of your heart,
that you wanted and needed..." - Mary Oliver


















On a recent trip to Michaels to suss out some new materials for my upcoming art camp, I saw some newspaper mache birds in the dollar bin and nearly fainted. I waited for a rainy day, then set Satch up with some paint. He decided to paint a robin for the paper bag nest that he made last spring. It is the centerpiece for our table and I love it so.



Yesterday was a bit rainy and all the delightful sprites came over to play. Upon entering, Miss H said, "this is the funnest house on the block" and at that moment, my heart did a celebratory samba. They made Mother's Day gifts for their mamas and then they wanted to paint. I set them up in the dining room because I wanted to take advantage of that moment to do a bit of photo editing in my studio (I don't have a laptop...yet).

















Artistically sated, they ran down to the basement to play a game that they made up called, Sandy Beaches. It's a variation of Roxaboxen wherein they construct a village out of cardboard boxes.



There are MUCH makings and doings here at our nest. I was asked to post our tie-dyed napkin project from earlier in the season so here it goes:


















1. Gather up a gaggle of eager kidlets.
2. Toss them a bag of rubber bands and a 12 pack of cotton cloth napkins.






















3. Find an old bucket, add hot water and dye according to package (we used Rit denim/indigo) 4. Toss in your napkins.






















5. Run on rinse cycle in washer. 6. Heat-set them in your dryer.





















7. Gather up those kidlets again to remove all the rubber bands. Oooh and aaaah!

 


Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:03 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Very cool. Don't you just love that Michaels?
:-) They get me every time, :-)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home