Music of My Heart
then I was the music of your heart,
that you wanted and needed..." - Mary Oliver
On a recent trip to Michaels to suss out some new materials for my upcoming art camp, I saw some newspaper mache birds in the dollar bin and nearly fainted. I waited for a rainy day, then set Satch up with some paint. He decided to paint a robin for the paper bag nest that he made last spring. It is the centerpiece for our table and I love it so.
Artistically sated, they ran down to the basement to play a game that they made up called, Sandy Beaches. It's a variation of Roxaboxen wherein they construct a village out of cardboard boxes.
There are MUCH makings and doings here at our nest. I was asked to post our tie-dyed napkin project from earlier in the season so here it goes:
1. Gather up a gaggle of eager kidlets.
2. Toss them a bag of rubber bands and a 12 pack of cotton cloth napkins.
3. Find an old bucket, add hot water and dye according to package (we used Rit denim/indigo) 4. Toss in your napkins.
5. Run on rinse cycle in washer. 6. Heat-set them in your dryer.
7. Gather up those kidlets again to remove all the rubber bands. Oooh and aaaah!