Monday, January 24, 2011

Soul Place

The psyches and souls of women have their own cycles and seasons of doing and solitude, running and staying, being involved and being removed, questing and resting, creating and incubating, being of the world and returning to the soul-place. - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

 


I return to my diary this morning with feelings of both relief and anticipation. Relief - that the studio work is completed - props to The Great Robinsky & Son for their help. Relief- that my family has seen the last of the nasty norovirus that landed me tethered to an IV for a good part of a day. And...I'm also filled with anticipation for I am now able to share my studio with Mighty Girls and anyone who feels the tug to come over and make stuff. (Photo tour on Wednesday)

The fact that the bulbs on our window sill chose this very moment to bloom is not lost on me.



















Somewhere between the doin's and illin's there was a sled-worthy snow storm and fireside dinners, and many rounds of Uno, and bedtime readings from the James Herriot Children's Treasury, and a covert mission to send a knitted viking hat to one wicked awesome goddess. Here, within the fabric of these moments, my heart dwells. This is my soul place.























Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:27 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger denise said...

Lovely. There is much to appreciate in the depth of winter.

Glad you are feeling better - sounds like it was a rough one.

Can't wait to see the studio!

11:45 AM  
Blogger denise said...

Lovely. There is much to appreciate in the depth of winter.

Glad you are feeling better - sounds like it was a rough one.

Can't wait to see the studio!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

We are loving our paperwhite bulbs too. I blogged about it last week, I think.

I'm so sorry you all were sick; that is a real bummer. Glad to hear you are feeling better! I would love to come over and do some art stuff with you. I just purchased elements; I'd love to learn a few techniques for making some visual art.

What else? Oh, Uno is one of our faves. I used to play Uno for hours as a little kids. A great one.

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home