Thursday, November 04, 2010

Untrimmable Light

I want to believe I am looking
into the white fire of a great mystery.
I want to believe that the imperfections are nothing-
that the light is everything-that it is more than the sum
of each flawed blossom rising and fading. And I do. - Mary Oliver

















"Mama, someone told me that God is a man who lives in your heart and I think that is 'ree-dik-lee-us' because a person can't live inside of your heart...he would have to be so small...smaller than a gnome even."

I know, it's confusing. I haven't talked to you about God yet because there's not one answer. There are many answers because people have different beliefs. I wanted to wait until you were older so you could decide what you believe.

Can you see God?

Not with your eyes, but you can sort of feel God...and that is what makes it even more confusing.

HOW?

Well, you know how when you see something wondrous...

Like a butterfly?

Yes, you know the way that makes you feel...

Yes.

Well, I believe that is when you are feeling God...when you feel wonder, happiness and love.

Did God make everything?

I don't know. Nobody really knows for sure, but many people think so. I want to think that God is a creator and made all this beauty happen.

Then God can't be a man because creators are women (laughter)...babies come out of women not men (laughter).

Lets talk about this another time, Okay?

Okay, Mama.

Mama?

Yeeeesssss

I think all animals are special...even chickens.

Me too, buddy, now go to sleep.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:48 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

ohmygod...this is so sweet and wonderful, it brought tears to my eyes!!

love you so much!!

(when u get the chance, go read my awesome news at my website)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cheryn said...

sooo love these kinds of conversations!
love the part with women/creators....awesome!
we have this book
http://www.amazon.com/What-God-Etan-Boritzer/dp/0920668887
which is pretty all-encompassing, but still a bit vast of a concept for these little ones

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home