Wednesday, August 04, 2010

This Presence

"I only have this breath
and this presence
for my wings
and they carry me." - David Whyte

There has been so much beauty and growth recently. S has been spending his mornings this week at nature camp while I'm leading Mighty Girl Art. It was his idea and we could not be more pleased. S has never done anything without one of us before. We've always been a packaged deal. No preschool. No daycare. Just mama-and-me, or papa-and-me classes. So we were quite surprised and delighted when he made the request.

He walked into the nature house with head held high, ready to explore his path independently. It is truly his milestone. He made this leap on his own and in his own time and in his own way. We could not be more proud of him.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:50 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

What a big moment. He should be so proud of himself!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Renuka said...

Wow Wendy I am so proud for you and him. This is a giant step. I love the photo too, it says to me that childhood is so beautiful and fragile....take care of it , nuture it because it goes away so fast.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home