Monday, August 16, 2010

Thank You

















Dear Itsy-Bitsy Ants,

Every Summer you invade our home. Year after year, I place a variety of baits and yet you keep on marching. You are not invading our food cabinets. You are content with the sloppy seconds that fall from the cat dish, and the occasional crumb in the corner. So, I've decided to stop obsessing about you. Instead, I will try to look at you with gratitude for helping me clean the kitchen floor. I'll admire your efforts as you haul that minuscule boulder to your nest. I'll admire your patience as you navigate the slick plateaus of tile and the pitted trenches of grout. I'll admire your persistence as you return with your conga line each season despite my best efforts to be a gargantuan party pooper.

I'll try to be thankful even as I continue to place the useless baits.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home