Monday, July 12, 2010

A Great Day For Worms

"Creativity seems to emerge from multiple experiences, including a sense of freedom to venture beyond the known." - Loris Malaguzzi


"It stopped raining, it's a great day for worms! Lets dig!", he shouts then begins to sing, "out there in a world outside of Yonkers....". He pauses then asks, "What's Yonkers?"

"It's a city in New York", I reply.


"Oh...do they have puppet shows in Yonkers?"


"I don't know, I suppose they do", I say.

(He digs a few holes, but finds no worms)

"HEY! I know, lets bury some treasure!", he shouts.

We run home to get a container and the camera. He puts a bouncy ball in the container and closes the lid. He digs a hole in the far corner of the playground, places the container in the hole, buries it then marks the spot with 3 small rocks.
















"These are the clues", he says in a stern voice, "Go to the back of the playground. Go left. In the corner by 3 rocks", then adds, "I'll draw a MAP!"






















Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:54 AM

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

ohhh, so sweet! I am glad you are having a beautiful monday.
we are suffering with some kind of illness. a sore throat or ear infection.
not fun.

take care and have lots of fun for us! xoxoxo M

10:52 AM  
Anonymous amandab said...

I love how his original plan wasn't working so he changed it, and just kept adapting it from there!

We've been busy worm liberating here. We've been weeding and removing the rubbish from the builders, and Princess has been moving all the worms to our much tastier compost :)

11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever little guy, very busy! I love your backyard.
We watch a lot of Wall-E around these parts so I am forever getting '..out there, in a world outside of Yonkers" verse stuck in my head too!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Marita said...

I love the map :) treasure hunts are so much fun from both the treasure hiding and treasure seeking sides :)

10:58 PM  
Blogger Christie - Childhood 101 said...

What a wonderful play sequence, I love how your son leads the play so confidently.

Thank you for linking up to We Play :)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home