Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Holding Animal Presence: Robin's Egg

Nearer to the earth's heart,
Deeper within its silence;
Animals know this world
In a way we never will.

May we learn to return
And rest in the beauty
Of animal being,
Learn to lean low,
Leave our locked minds,
And with freed senses
Feel the earth
Breathing with us. - John O'Donohue

We found the tiniest brightest blue egg imaginable on the ground. As I was holding the egg, I thought I felt movement because the sensation startled me. We looked everywhere for the nest it may have fallen from and found none. I called Wildlife Rescue League and they told me to find any active nest and slip the egg in. The mama bird will raise it as her own. We looked for quite some time and eventually found what appeared to be an active nest deep inside a flowering bush near our playground. I slipped the egg in it.

The following day, we walked over to take a peek. There was a mama bird sitting on it. Wishing the chick is alive and well and that we may hear some joyful peeps in the near future.

In the name of the wind, and the light and the rain...

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:22 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous pixie said...

*sigh* Beautiful photos! And such a goodly deed. Satch (and the world) is so blessed to have you for his mama....

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home