Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day to my late father



Happy Father's Day, Daddy! Thank you for taking me on expotitions in the woods. For wading in streams until our feet were numb. For teaching me how to find water. For unearthing sassafras root to delight my sense of smell. For waking me up and carrying me into the dark with the big kids to go find night crawlers with a flashlight. For sharing your love of art and creating. For playing games. For eating dinner with me in my playhouse. For the bonfire at the beach. For carrying me to my bed when I fell asleep in the car. For dancing with me on your feet. For making me laugh. I miss you.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:44 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous pix said...

Sister, look at your sweet little MUG. Your parents were so handsome, too. I love hearing about all of your special memories with your daddy. I wish I could have met him, it would all make sense then, wouldn't it?
;) I love you, wild woman.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Wendy,
are you and your brother twins? You look exactly alike! :) love you lots, glad you posted this!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home