Monday, May 10, 2010

Most Alive Monday: The Days

Thank you for the days,
Those endless days,
those sacred days you gave me - The Kinks

S hopped in his red wagon and I pulled him to the Farmer's Market to buy some goodies for a picnic dinner at our beautiful Nature Center. I always say, in my next life I'm going to marry an Amish cheese maker...well I don't have to wait that long OR don a bonnet. We found one at the market who makes raw goat's milk cheddar! We also bought some homemade cacik and spooned it into pitas stuffed with roasted soy sausage. It's the vegetarian version of a gyro and the combination of flavors tastes quite similar.

After our meal we walked down to the stream and caught a few tadpoles to raise and release because Satch loved the experience last year. There were hundreds, perhaps even thousands of them. And considering the odds that maybe only 10% make it to toad-hood, it was like a heartfelt mission.

"They feel like slippery soap.", he said.


We brought them home and transferred them to our tank where they are quite happy, dining on fresh baby greens.

S received a new set of wheelz from his Noma for his upcoming birthday...a balance bike! He's been zipping around on that thing all day long, and after dinner. And when it's time to bring it in the house and get ready for bed, he sneaks in a little ride around the dining room table in his pajamas. It's amazing - HIGHLY recommend! Check out their demo video and you'll see what I mean.


I cried as I washed off his tricycle and put it down the basement. He's such a big boy now!





On Mother's Day, the Great Robinsky made me breakfast and S presented me with a gift certificate for a much needed massage. Sigh. 'Nough said.

Lastly, and this may not be a big deal to most people, but it is to me. I finally made yogurt and we've been slurping it up like it's going out of style. I hope we remember to save a cup to start a new batch. It's that good and that easy. We love it with berry preserves and a drizzle of blackstrap molasses. We love it with raw honey and a slice of toasted homemade boule...now I want to try making homemade cheese...of course, S wants me to try making stick candy, but that's way out of my league.














*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:34 AM

2 Comments:

Anonymous pissweakparent said...

So much fun stuff going on!

I can sympathise with the ceremonial cleaning and packing away of things as babies become toddlers, who then become kids. The cliche of 'it goes so fast' is so true.

It really does make me want to live a rich life with my kids. Your blog often gives me inspiration, so thanks!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Lisa@VisionaryMom.com said...

I, too, dream about cheese making. what is that all about anyway??? I want goats and to make yummy goat cheese... that, to me, sounds like heaven...

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home