Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Green Baggin' It!

One of my old pals from the hood is my neighbor once again! Her son just celebrated his 4th birthday. I've been trying to come up with thrifty, earth friendly wrapping ideas...and here's a beauty...

This reusable shopping tote is from Target. I love the gender neutral wood grain and earthy colors. And I greatly appreciate the unobtrusive branding. They are made from 100% post-consumer recycled PET bottles. The Target totes sell for .99 - $1.99 which is actually less than the price of their paper gift bags. Many stores offer 5 cents off your purchase every time you use a reusable tote! A small incentive to break the habit of unnecessary waste.

The gift tag is made by the talented Nina Gilbert from repurposed vintage storybooks!

Rainbow cord makes everyone happy!

We wrapped T's gift in one of S's doodles. Together we me made the "gLove-puppy"...I sewed, S stuffed. Then I whipped up a little pouch and filled it with a set of our recycled coloring stones.

















With all the schlepping mamas do, some funky reusable totes are so handy! Just sayin'....

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:31 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who uses cloth bags for presents. Can't stand the waste of the paper bags--and they're so expensive! I used to quilt a lot, so I have a stash of nice fabric and bags are easy to make. But Target often has cloth bags in the $1 spot as well...

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home