Friday, April 02, 2010

Imagine Yourself as this Woman

"Imagine a woman who believes it is right and good she is a woman.
A woman who honors her experience and tells her stories."
- Patricia Lynn Reilly

I read Patricia's book, "Imagine a Woman In Love with Herself" when it first appeared in book stores in 1999 and have gone back to it many times when I felt I needed to lean on those words. Over the years that followed, I read all of her books and found them to powerful tools for transformation. Her Poem, Imagine a Woman, has become my mantra over the years. When I became pregnant with first and only child, I purchased two sets of postcards, Imagine a Woman and Imagine a Mother to give as thank you cards at our Blessingway. I didn't want to send traditional thank you cards that would merely end up in the trash. This proved to be a powerful way to give thanks and I can't tell you how many phone calls I received about those cards which are now pinned to the refrigerators, vision boards, desk tops and bedside tables of all my friends. I am honored to be one of the many women celebrating the anniversary of Patricia's remarkable poem that sings to the soul of the feminine spirit.

Since 1995, the "Imagine a Woman" poem has circled the globe, inspiring books, screenplays, videos, life transitions, professional portfolios, ministries, coaching practices, relationships, virtual communities, social networks, and organizational missions. This year Imagine a Woman International is celebrating the poem's 15th year anniversary with a new website and new programs and opportunities for personal growth and professional enhancement. You're invited to the "Imagine a Woman" poem's 15th Birthday Party TODAY APRIL 2 at Imagine a Woman International. We'll be partying all day so get your party clothes on, invite your friends, and come on over.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 7:33 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home