Wednesday, April 14, 2010

hand wash cold

Once again I'm deeply moved by Karen Maezen Miller. I read her first book when my son was a wee babe and I loved it so much that I begged her for a Mom to Mom interview. Her new book, "hand wash cold: care instructions for an ordinary life" is equally magnificent. In this book, Karen shares more about her life and the path that lead her to becoming a Buddhist priest while unveiling the deeper meaning in seemingly ordinary moments. Her personal life lessons are beautifully transformed into teachings. With tenderness, humor and wisdom, Karen illustrates that happiness can't be found in constantly reaching for the next rung, but by turning to look at the view right where you are.

"Happiness is simple", she writes, "Everything we do to find it is complicated."

How can something so gentle be so powerful?

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:30 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Carrie said...

Oh yes, I love Karen, too. I read Hand Wash Cold in two days, fitting it in around my every day chores.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home