Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Play All Day!


After a busy day of chestnut boats and fairy forts, we returned home to find a rather heavy brown parcel on our doorstep. I was beyond excited to discover that it was a review copy of Play All Day: Design for Children from Gestalten!

We ran inside, tossed our wintry layers in a heap, threw some pillows on the floor and slowly leafed through the pages. WOW! WOW! WOW! - this word repeated over and over from my son while I sighed and swooned over this gorgeous tome of kidlicous design. Play All Day is a book that creative parents will want to keep permanently on their coffee table to be devoured by wee folk and big people alike.

No stone is left unturned in this beautiful, ginormous exploration into the art of play - architecture, toys, playgrounds, decor, furniture, illustration and photography - made by creative parents and talented designers around the world.



From the cardboard castles of one of my favorite artists, Ann Wood, to the engaging kid-craft projects of Arounna Khounnoraj of BloesemKids.


In three words...

Innovative,

Imaginative

and

Inspiring!

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:06 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Very cool. This looks like something I'd love to read.

It was awesome to see you finally this past Thursday! I'm glad to have had the chance to have played with Satch too. He is such an awesome kid; so creative, kind, and thoughtful. He absolutely loved playing with Levi (and Levi loved Satch's funny laugh too, so many smiles).

Anyway, I just gave you an award for all the sunshine you send my way every time I visit you. I hope to see you again (in the real world) sometime soon.

Love, Jessica

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home