I've mentioned our "Imagination Box" before, but not in great detail. This is my son's latest invention, a "Breakfast Cooker Flipper" for helping with pumpkin pancakes. It is comprised of two spools, a rubber band, and the display hook from his crocks. It is a levered spatula!
Although Satch has some wonderfully creative toys, he often pulls out his "Imagination Box" and invents gadgets. Here's what's inside...
- 0ld shoe box with cut garage door in case
- rubber bands in various shapes, sizes, colors
- clothes pins
- empty spools of all sorts
- assorted twist ties and chenille stems
- wood bits and sticks
- assorted pieces of string, yarn and ribbon
- golf tees (to hammer into the box bottom)
- empty match box
- scraps of heavy cardboard
- shipping tags and ring tags
- paper clips
- plastic hooks from socks (he uses them for pulleys and cranes)
- felt ball a/o pompoms
- net bags from onions etc.
- misc. found objects like springs etc.