Monday, October 26, 2009

Most Alive Monday: A Boy, a Bug, and a Hammock

"Once I spoke the language of the flowers,
Once I understood each word the caterpillar said,

















Once I smiled in secret at the gossip of the starlings,
And shared a conversation with the housefly in my bed.















Once I heard and answered all the questions of the crickets,















And joined the crying of each falling dying flake of snow,













Once I spoke the language of the flowers. . . .













How did it go? How did it go?" - Shel Silverstein













It was a warm October afternoon. They stared at each other nearly nose to nose. The grasshopper began cleaning itself while sitting on his finger and Satch squealed with delight. I had to choke back tears at the tenderness of this moment. S0 grateful for the the gift that this creature has given my son...to be so close to something so wild.

"Mama", he said, "it's teaching me its language"!

I immediately thought of "Forgotten Language" by Shel Silverstein.

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.


And NOW...the winners of the Feeleez Giveaway are...


Shelley & Tanya904! (please send shipping info to wendy at wendy cook dot com, thanks!)

Thank you for playing...and thank you, Kris, for sharing yourself and this wonderful game with all of us!

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:01 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous pixie said...

He's growing up. He's changing, Wendy. You have a big boy on your hands!
What a lovely Monday. I got choked up knowing you were choked up.

love you mama.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home