Monday, August 17, 2009

Most Alive Monday: Swann

It is with great joy that I welcome this beautiful boy to Earth. Swann was born on Wednesday night to my dear friends, Fanchon and Jim.

Dear Swann,

I met your mama many years ago when she was visiting the US as an Au Pair. I offered her my NYC flat on the weekends and showed her my favorite haunts. We went to New York City Center and grooved to Jamiroquai. We found a secret room in the attic of the Limelight where we danced to Marcia Bella and laughed wildly over the candy girl with the light bulbs in her beehive hairdo. I adored her so much that I gave her a copy of my key so that she could stay with me anytime she wanted. Each time she came to visit she brought treats, quick breads, homemade jam, and the most awesome bubble wands in the world (because she knew that I enjoyed blowing bubbles on the roof top). These very wands I now share with Satch. She's adventurous too, your mama. One summer day I decided to go camping on the beach, grabbed my tent and sent word to your mom of my plans. When I jumped off the train on Long Island and walked to the ferry, there she was at the dock sitting on a cooler. I knew then that she was someone very special. We toasted the sunset with a bottle of champagne and we watched the sunrise while swatting mosquitoes. She taught me how to make respectable crepes and how to swear in French. She's one of the most beautiful, warm, and gentle women that I have ever met. I see so much of her in your sweet face that I think I may know why you are smiling. I look forward to meeting you. Together, we will salute the moon, and one day your mama will tell you what I mean by that.

Welcome to the world, Swann, you are so loved!

Love,
Wendy

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:13 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

What a beautiful baby, :-) And yes, welcome to the world Swann!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home