Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Touch

" Touch me, remind me who I am" - S. Kunitz

Many moons ago, I raised one of these plants from seed on the window sill of my Sullivan St flat in NYC. I forgot all about this curious flora until I spotted one in the children's garden at the National Botanic. I went on the qui vive for seeds and grew a plant for Satch and his pal R. The "Sensitive Plant" is an obvious relation of the Mimosa we're all familiar with only this plant is sensitive to touch.

Satch, who lost his pirate headband, explains a little about his plant through his unruly hair...


Check out this clip that I found on youtube...


Have a good weekend. See you Monday.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:34 AM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Annie said...

I love these plants. I remember having one growing up!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Crisa said...

We grow these wild all over here and I LOVED them as a kid. They could always stop us in our tracks and entertain us for awhile!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

yay! spread the love....i'm glad i'm not the only one. xoxo

3:40 PM  
Blogger RunninL8 said...

And one last thing today, now I'm reved up for our trip back east in Aug. my 14 yr old and i always take the train from Jersey into the city for a day. This year, I think we'll try to revolve it around photography...Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait to drown in photo ops!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home