Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Duplex

Little bird, little bird,
fly through my window
Find molasses candy - Pete Seeger

Our window feeder disappeared last winter. We received a terracotta feeder from a Freecycler, but it fell and smashed into a million pieces shortly after I hung it up. Then Robert bought a tubular plastic feeder, but the birds wouldn't use it. Eventually, the squirrels dragged the whole dang thing away. We found it weeks later in the woods, completely mangled.

A few days ago, Satch and I constructed a bi-level bird feeder out of milk cartons. Actually, I did the constructing and Satch did the filling. It's not very attractive, but the birds LOVED it!

Click on the photos for the name of the bird and to hear it's song.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:04 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Green Mamma said...

I am so inspired! Our bird feeder, the one we painted and decked out, was not a big hit with the birds. Then it fell apart! :-)

I think we'll have to put together a feeder like this one; especially since the birds in your neck of the woods are the birds in my neck of the woods, :-)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails