Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Duplex

Little bird, little bird,
fly through my window
Find molasses candy - Pete Seeger

Our window feeder disappeared last winter. We received a terracotta feeder from a Freecycler, but it fell and smashed into a million pieces shortly after I hung it up. Then Robert bought a tubular plastic feeder, but the birds wouldn't use it. Eventually, the squirrels dragged the whole dang thing away. We found it weeks later in the woods, completely mangled.

A few days ago, Satch and I constructed a bi-level bird feeder out of milk cartons. Actually, I did the constructing and Satch did the filling. It's not very attractive, but the birds LOVED it!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:04 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Monte said...

I am so inspired! Our bird feeder, the one we painted and decked out, was not a big hit with the birds. Then it fell apart! :-)

I think we'll have to put together a feeder like this one; especially since the birds in your neck of the woods are the birds in my neck of the woods, :-)

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home