Thursday, June 25, 2009

This Light

"I sat down in the dew-wet grass
because it was just too beautiful to stand up and watch."
- Patricia Thomas (Firefly Mountain)



Some new favorites...

Firefly Mountain is a feast for the senses...a beautiful story set to exquisite paintings by Peter Sylvada. A child waits for sunset to see the fireflies with her family and is carried home to bed in the arms of her papa.

Ten Flashing Fireflies

Quaint counting prose with dreamy, glowing illustrations - sweet summer bedtime
book and those we're still exploring...

Fireflies (All Aboard Science Reader)

The Very Lonely Firefly

Fireflies (Bugs, Bugs, Bugs)

Talking to Fireflies, Shrinking the Moon

When the Fireflies Come

Have a good weekend.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:00 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Elise said...

Hello there dear Wendy.

It certainly has been a while since I have left a comment. I have been popping in, usually with Blake sleeping on my shoulder, hence the lack of comments. My two babies are now fast asleep (not on me!), so here I sit with a cup of tea, enjoying your blog.

What wonderful video footage you have captured. This is priceless and Satch will love seeing this when he is older. It will be something that his children will also delight in seeing. I love the last little part where he says he wants to give you one of the fireflies - so precious.

I chuckled when I saw the body art post. It never ceases to amaze me when you take a minute, or two, to do something what one little creative person can get up to. It certainly keeps life interesting and we wouldn't have it any other way.

Lots of love
Elise

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Wendy, thank you for sharing these great titles on fireflies. We just noticed that they've arrived, :-)

Now, I need to find a few books on the care of goldfish for my little girl. Any recommendations?

Oh, and I do wonder, how is Satch doing with taking care of his ants? Any other pets that he is responsible for?

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home