Thursday, June 11, 2009

Puppet Show

"Miracles are made in the heart" - Pinocchio

Satch is fascinated with the story of Pinocchio and asked for me to make him a puppet. I made a crude cardboard marionette and promised to make him a better paper maché puppet soon.

Satch fastened the pieces together and drew some pink eyes (atop the hat) and a mouth. (click to enlarge) Then I attached the strings. We clipped a vintage table cloth to his Learning Tower for an instant puppet stage.

There was a flurry of activity and not a single clear photo to be had.

I'm off to find an inexpensive tension rod for the archway of our dining/living area. I need to make a removable portable, stage curtain. You see, Satch is planning a volcanic interpretive dance set to the song, "Old St. Helen" by Billy Jonas. He has a lists of guests and has requested that his friend O, play a drum for the volcanic rumbling.

He has assigned me the task of "making and taking" tickets and of course, snacks.

Have a good weekend.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:10 AM

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Very cute!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous gardenmama said...

This is so sweet, what a beautiful job!
We just had a "gymnastics" show last night complete with a sheet tacked up for the curtain and a flashlight for the spotlight, I had job of ticket taker too : )

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

O will be happy to do the "rumbling" I am sure! Let's just hope he doesn't do it through the whole play! T-

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home