Monday, June 08, 2009

Most Alive Monday: Jelly Invasion!

"Who wants my jellyfish?
I'm not sellyfish!" - Ogden Nash

We took Satch to see the Jelly Invasion at the National Aquarium in Baltimore and it was breathtaking! See for yourself...
























The following day was rainy so I figured we should try to make our own sea jellies. We wadded up some pink tissue paper and stuffed it in a grocery bag. Then I blew some air into it and knotted it. Lastly, we shredded the remaining plastic and added some iridescent curling ribbon.























*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:39 AM

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One look up close at a jelly fish (real or tissue paper variety) and you have to wonder why you thought you knew anything at all about this life.

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

Yes, the last jellyfish made me look twice!

Love it.

8:05 PM  
Blogger RunninL8 said...

Hey, from Alaska! FABULOUS blog! I love your writing style...
My little one is quite blown away by jellies right now, after watching Blue Planet. This little project would be right up her alley! Thanks for it!
I'm off to peruse your site some more! I'll be "seein'" you!

3:30 PM  
Blogger RunninL8 said...

'kay, I'm back! And you, girl, are ROCKIN!!!! I LOVE your photography!!!!! What is this "emulsion augmentation"? Are you refering to digital, or is this an old school real life technique? I'd love to know. I've been dinking around with Photoshop a bit the last few months, but feel a little lost.
I like the tee shirts as well, I may get one. I'm a massage therapist and that would be perfect for work!
Ciao, again.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Really inspiring photographs and your craft activity is so creative. Just saw this on Crafty Crow and will now be following your blog. Thanks for sharing!

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home