Monday, May 11, 2009

Most Alive Monday: "Muver's Day"

"What matters is timeless, dazzling devotion" -Walter McDonald

I tried real hard to come up with something to give the grands for Mother's Day and all I could muster with a 4 yr old boy hopped up on steroids were these flour sack dish towels, upon which I transferred one of Satchel's recent drawings.

Things here have been...well... MANIC. You know that expression, "bouncing off the walls"? Yes, well I'm pretty sure I've now witnessed the definition. I called our doctor and asked that he either discontinue Satchel's medication, or send me to a resort until June. I kid you not, it's that insane. He's mean, he can't stop moving, he whines 24/7 and when he's not whining, he's either crying, screaming, or saying a/o doing extremely obnoxious things. The doc agreed to d/c the steroids rather than send me to Club Med.

And I received these wonderful gifts from my loves: A book of poetry and a camera strap.

I know it sounds very romantic, but the truth is, Robert asked me what I wanted. Not that I'm hard to figure out or anything. Exhibit A: I do have a wish list. Exhibit B: a virtual stranger once sent me a truly spectacular gift - case closed. To his credit, this time he didn't ask me what I wanted multiple times because he kept forgetting or deleting the email that says, "Re: DO NOT DELETE" in the subject.

Satch made me this amazing illustration!

"It's a pirate ship with some water and some rocks n' stuff!"

*About Most Alive Monday: I've decided to make at least one "most alive choice" each day and post my favorite each Monday. This, of course, is to motivate me to consciously "live juicy"! I hope you'll join me and share your "most alive moment" in the comments section so we may inspire each other.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 5:05 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home