Thursday, March 05, 2009

Secretly, Joyfully, Clearly

I held my breath
as we do
sometimes to stop time
when something wonderful
has touched us

as with a match,
which is lit, and bright,
but does not hurt
in the common way,

but delightfully,

as if delight were the most serious thing you ever felt. -Mary Oliver (Snow Geese)


From the window I could see that the snow was already beginning to melt. We ate our sandwiches quickly, fresh mozzarella drizzled with olive oil and rich balsamic reduction - a lunch that Satch exuberantly calls, "DELISH-IST & GORJ-IST". We carefully donned our layers, like peeling in reverse. It was a mile trek to get out to the vista, pulling Satch in the sled behind me for most of the way, but it was well worth it.







Have a good weekend! See you Monday.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Wendy at 6:10 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the Satchist thing I've ever heard!

xo G.

p.s. My word verification for posting this comment is "shess," which sounds about right.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica Monte said...

Whenever I read your blog, it makes me wish that I had a mom who stayed home to take care of me. Your mozzarella lunch does sound delish, plus you come up with so many fun things to do. =)

3:30 PM  
Blogger jenica said...

glorious!
i want a sandwich like that now! add tomatoes please.
;-D

(((hugs)))

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home